Call for Industry Sessions and Industry Demonstrations
IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society, is a major annual international conference. Taking advantage of its co-location with International CES (the world’s largest tradeshow on consumer technology), CCNC is organized with the objective of bringing together researchers, developers, and practitioners from academia and industry working in all areas of consumer technologies. The industry-oriented part of the program will be organized on Saturday 9 January and Sunday 10 January, and will consist of a coherent set of tutorials, demonstrations, and industry sessions.
Interested industry practitioners are invited to submit a proposal for a CCNC Industry Session. Industry Sessions can take a single time slot of 70 minutes, or two time slots of in total 140 minutes. The format is free, to be proposed by the session organizer. It may be:
- a panel, with a relatively large number of participants, who give brief introductions, after which there is extensive discussion among the participants and with the audience, moderated by a panel leader,
- a session with somewhat longer talks (e.g. 3 x 20 minutes or 4 x 15 minutes), aiming to inform the CCNC audience (highly qualified researchers, engineers, and developers) about the newest developments in the field from the view of the industry, and to collect comments from the audience for the benefit of the presenting companies. The talks may be product presentations, but should contain minimal marketing or advertisement language.
The content of the sessions must address one or more of the following challenges in the field of consumer communications and networking:
- Social, P2P and Multimedia Networking, Services and Applications
- Cloud Services and Networking
- Networking and Applications in Computer Games
- Wireless Communications
- Wireless Networking and Mobility
- Emerging Consumer Communications and Networking
- Sensing, Smart Spaces and IoT
- Security, Privacy and Content Protection
- Mobile and Wearable Devices, Services and Applications
- Consumer Communications and Networking Standards
- Vehicular Communications and Applications in Water, Land, and Sky
- QoE and Human Centered Communications and Application
Industry participants are encouraged to present prototype or proof-of-concept demonstrators during our demonstration sessions. We envision the demonstration session as a means to exhibit innovations that have the potential to change the future landscape of consumer communications and networking. CCNC especially welcomes demonstrations of emerging and innovative technologies that have potential commercial application from nascent and incubating companies. If the presenter likes to have a 2-page description of their demonstrator published in IEEE Xplore, and be eligible for the CCNC 2016 Best Demonstrator Award, please follow the guidelines at http://ccnc2016.ieee-ccnc.org/call-for-submissions/call-for-demonstration (this link also refers to a more extensive description of our demonstration session facilities). Otherwise, follow the submission guidelines below.
Proposers of Industry Sessions or Industry Demonstrations should send an email to email@example.com BEFORE 31 OCTOBER 2015. The email should contain:
- Name, job title, and affiliation of the presenters
- Title of the session or demonstrator
- A short (max. 70 words) abstract of the session
Acceptance, Registration, and Publication
Industry Session and Industry Demonstration proposals will be reviewed on their quality and technical content by a sub-committee of the CCNC Technical Program Committee. Notification of acceptance will be sent by 6 November the latest (or one week after late demonstrator proposal submissions).
Presenters must register for the conference at http://ccnc2016.ieee-ccnc.org/registration . Full Registration also includes free attendance of one of CCNC 2016’s high-quality Tutorial Sessions.
Presenters of Industry Talks and Industry Demonstrators are invited to have their slides or a whitepaper describing the contents of their presentation published at the CCNC conference website. To qualify for publication, please send the slides or whitepaper to firstname.lastname@example.org on 10 January the latest. The slides or whitepaper will be reviewed on their quality and technical content prior to publication by a sub-committee of the CCNC Technical Program Committee.